ParksEast is the new name for the Eastern Region Parks & Open Spaces Forum.
The main aims of ParksEast are to:
• bring senior parks and greenspace managers together on a regular basis in order to share information, good practice and develop partnership working;
• help inform the development of parks, greenspace and associated services across the six counties of the East of England (the ceremonial counties of Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & Cambridgeshire);
• provide a potential platform for advocacy about parks and greenspace matters at Regional and National levels and in response to consultations; and
• liaise with other similar groups in other parts of the UK and national bodies such as the Parks Alliance, Parks Action Group and the Landscape Institute.
With the times of austerity facing public sector parks these aims are increasingly important.
These aims are pursued through:
• meetings (held three times a year, around the region, involving study and mutual-help elements);
• a regional member network for mutual benefit
• a simple bi-monthly member newsletter;
• a twitter feed @erposf (providing news and resources for greenspaces managers in the region); and
• collective initiatives.
ParksEast is supported by a Community Interest Company (Landscape Futures CIC) which acts as paid facilitator. The CIC has a public sector ethos, experience in local authority greenspace design, planning & management, other regional and national connections and reinvests its resources in developing the sector.